BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Evaluation 4

How did you use media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?

Throughout the process of this project I have used many different media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluating stages. I have used different types of media technologies so that I could get my points across in different and more interesting ways.

The media technologies that I have used most frequently throughout my posts except from the mac computers were slide share http://http://www.slideshare.net/upload and Kizoa slideshowshttp://www.kizoa.com/. I used these programmes the most because I found them much more usefully and less complicated unlike prezzie http://prezi.com/login/. Slideshare was simple all I had to do was make a project on PowerPoint and then download it onto Slideshare which would compress the slide show into a mini presentation. I found Kizoa very helpful but only used it when I wanted my images to not be layed out in a boring way. I only used it for images since you could only add text on it if you payed.
The common programmes such as Powerpoint, Photoshop and Word, I used regularly when constructing, researching and planning. However, I didn't have to use Photoshop that much since the image that I used for the poster didn't need extra editing since I did that already through manipulating the light on the set. Powerpoint was most used when I was evaluating my work since I didn't want too much writting on my blog and having it on a Powerpoint/Slideshare made it look more interesting.

When researching via the internet to get as much information on the conventions of horror, the layout of synopsis, poster images, stock characters, information on trailers and so many more that is shown on my blog. I found that with the help of the internet I could expand my knowledge in all of the information that we needed to learn to be able to produce a trailer, poster and magazine. The internet also benefited my groiup and I, since we were able to put our final product onto Youtube and our final ancillary texts onto Facebook, here we have used synergy throught video uploads and social networking sites. Having access to these network sites helped us to feel more confident about our production work and be able to recieve positive comments or some criticism that we may of needed to hear.

For our construction we were given video cameras to film our trailer. This model of camera was efffective but very easy to use which made the process less stressful and more fun to work with.
The hardest problem we had with the camera was not being able to have a light attached to it, this was a problem since we wanted shots in the dark to convey horror genre but when we tried shooting without lighting the footage came out too dark and we had too re shoot.



0 comments: